[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Cannot access web service with HTTP Basic Authentication ena

jeff norton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 17:53:44 EST 2008

I'm running JBoss 4.2 with the latest jbossws libraries.  I have a simple web service running and I wanted to secure it with HTTP Basic Authentication (actually anything would do but that seemed the simplest).  I followed the steps in http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Authentication, but now my client gets an error when creating the service (this is before setting the username and password using the BindingProvider -- but you need the service object on which to do that -- perhaps a chicken/egg problem?)
service = Service.create(wsdlURL, new QName(...));
Now gets:
     [exec] org.jboss.ws.metadata.wsdl.WSDLException: Cannot parse wsdlLocation: http://localhost:8080/resonantProcessLibrary?wsdl
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDLDefinitionsFactory.getDocument(WSDLDefinitionsFactory.java:183)
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.tools.wsdl.WSDLDefinitionsFactory.parse(WSDLDefinitionsFactory.java:108)
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.metadata.umdm.ServiceMetaData.getWsdlDefinitions(ServiceMetaData.java:321)
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxws.JAXWSClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JAXWSClientMetaDataBuilder.java:85)
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ServiceDelegateImpl.<init>(ServiceDelegateImpl.java:132)
  |      [exec]     at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:63)
  |      [exec]     at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:82)
  |      [exec]     at javax.xml.ws.Service.create(Service.java:334)
  |      [exec]     at com.resonant.processlibrary.api.RemoteDocumentRepository.<init>(RemoteDocumentRepository.java:77)
When I try to access the wsdl in a browser using the wsdlURL I get the username/password challenge and after entering the correct credentials I get the WSDL so things seems to be working on the server end.  Just cannot get the client to connect.  It sort of seems like the username/password are needed to get the WSDL to seup the service but there is no way to provide the username/password until the service is setup.  But that's what the example says to do and my code is following it exactly.
One other tidbit.  When I use my .Net client to access the webservice I get a 401 (unauthorized) as expected, but when I modify the .NET client to add the credential I then get a 505 (HTTP protocal not supported).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119270#4119270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119270