[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - more than one, OneToOne relation gives problem

thiagu.m do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 12 01:20:39 EST 2008

This is my bean class structure

  | @Entity
  | @Table(name="TBL_PRODUCTS")
  | public class TblProducts implements Serializable
  | {
  |    @Id
  |    @Column(name="PRODUCT_ID")
  |    private BigDecimal productId;
  |
  |    @Column(name="PRODUCT_NAME")
  |    private String productName;
  |
  |    @JoinColumn(name="BRAND_NAME")
  |    private String brandname;
  |
  |    @OneToOne(fetch=FetchType.LAZY,mappedBy="tblProducts")
  |    private TblCellphone tblCellphone;
  |
  |    @OneToOne(fetch=FetchType.LAZY,mappedBy="tblProducts")
  |    private TblTelevision tblTelevision;
  |
  | }
  | -------------------------------------------------
  | @Entity
  | @Table(name="TBL_CELLPHONE")
  | public class TblCellphone implements Serializable
  | {
  |    @Id
  |    @Column(name="PRODUCT_ID")
  |    private BigDecimal productId;
  |
  | private String camera;
  |
  | . . .
  |
  | @OneToOne(optional=false)
  |      @JoinColumn(name="PRODUCT_ID")
  | private TblProducts tblProducts;
  | }
  | ----------------------------------------
  | @Entity
  | @Table(name="TBL_TELEVISION")
  | public class TblTelevision implements Serializable
  | {
  |    @Id
  |    @Column(name="PRODUCT_ID")
  |    private BigDecimal productId;
  |
  |    @Column(name="SCREEN_SIZE")
  |    private String screenSize;
  |
  |    . . .
  |
  |    @OneToOne(optional=false)
  |    @JoinColumn(name="PRODUCT_ID")
  |    private TblProducts tblProducts;
  | }

Here Tblproduct is my main table , I need to make a relation with all other subcategory products table.
But when I try to add the more than one OneToOne relation within product table it gives following error

  | java.lang.NullPointerException    at org.hibernate.cfg.OneToOneSecondPass.doSecondPass(OneToOneSecondPass.java:135)    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.secondPassCompile(Configuration.java:1130)    at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile(AnnotationConfiguration.java:296)    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration.java:1115)    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildMappings(Ejb3Configuration.java:1233)    at org.hibernate.ejb.EventListenerConfigurator.configure(EventListenerConfigurator.java:154)    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:869)    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:407)    at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)    at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceUnitDeployment.java:246)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
is there any help how to overcome this problem

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119299#4119299

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119299