[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Problems with german 'Umlaut'

Ulf Wiegmann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 10:53:03 EST 2008

Hallo,
I'm working for a SOA architectur project  and I'm implementing  JAX-WS 2.0 web services in the Contract-First  way under JBoss 4.2.2.GA .
The service is implemented by an EJB3.0 SLSB,  the client is an EJB3.0 SFSB, both runnung in the same container.
The WS-specific java classes will be generated by JBoss 4.2.2 tool wsconsume from the wsdl file for both sites
- service and client.
The problem is, that the UTF-8 decode/encode process doesn't work correctly for german 'umlaut' contained in a string, means that string parameters still contain the UTF-8 representation of an 'umlaut' after transfered to the java target string (in the same wrong way they will be displayed on this page: p.e. Müller , Schöler, Käse) ...

In the wsdl file I specified

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

and

 <binding ...>
   <soap:binding style="document"   transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
         soap:body use="literal"

But when I use the Eclipse Web Service Explorer instead of the JAX WS 2.0 generated Java client, then at least in the client-server direction all works correctly for the search arguments, meanwhile the search results still contain the UTF-8 representations

What happened?
Ulf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119696#4119696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119696