[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - webservice class injecting EJB, nullpointerexception

HTroeng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 11:14:52 EST 2008

Shouldn't it be possible to inject an EJB into a jax-ws webservice class? I get a nullpointerexception when trying to use the EJB, it doesn't look like the ejb is injected into the webservice class?

Code:

Interface:
@WebService
public interface MyService {
public String echoService(String input);
}

Implementation:
@WebService(endpointInterface = "my.package.MyService")
@SOAPBinding(style = Style.RPC)
public class MyServiceImpl implements MyService {
@EJB
  SurveillanceService surveillanceService;
  @WebMethod(operationName="echoService")
  public String echoService(String input) {
 boolean isAvail = surveillanceService.isDatabaseAvailable();
    return "Hi " + input + ", result from ejb: " + isAvail;
  }
}

The EJB does work (confirmed, I use it in other places), It seems that it is something with the Webservice > EJB...

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119706#4119706

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119706