[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Form Validation Question:Entity Bean @NotNull vs. requir

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 13:04:40 EST 2008

"jfrankman" wrote :  I beleive The s:button isn't really a button, but an s:link. I think the validation did not work because the form was not being submitted. Is this right?

s:link/s:button don't submit the form, h:commandButton/h:commandLink do (read the FAQs :)

anonymous wrote : what you have to gain by using the s:button instead of the h:commandButton.

It doesn't submit the form using post, but does a get request, which automatically includes page parameters

anonymous wrote :  From now on, I am only going to use the h:commandButton. The tag s:button is confusing because you always think it is going to act like the h:commandButton when in fact  it does not.

As is documented in the tlddoc, the ref doc and the faq.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119764#4119764

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119764