[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Step away from the tool and nobody gets hurt

bostroff do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 15:53:10 EST 2008

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : "bostroff" wrote : I guess I'm working too hard to make this work...
  |   |
  |   | I have successfully created a seam project in the past (say a month ago) from an existing database schema using seam-gen from the command line.  Pretty much just ran the tool, built it (as an ear), deployed it in JBoss, and CRUD just worked.  I was using seam 2.0 with JBoss AS 4.2.2.
  |   |
  |   | Now, I'm trying to get effectively the same thing working using the seam tools in Eclipse (Europa 3.3.1.1) and I ran into a number of problems:
  |   |

  | ok.
  | so using the seam-gen command line tool give you different results than running it via the tooling ?
  |

  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | 1. Missing serialVersionUID everywhere - added it.
  |   |

  | That is not a bug, that is fully intentional. See http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HBX-964
  |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | 2. The loginout.xhtml apparently missing the ui:composition tag - modified it
  |   |

  | not sure what you are referring to...things works for me...please more details.

So, the loginout.xhtml file was generated as:

  |         xmlns="..."

Eclipse whined about the xmlns attribute and I assumed that maybe it should read:

  | <ui:composition
  |        xmlns="..."

  | </ui:composition>

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : "bostroff" wrote :
  |   | 3. Some generated xhtml pages not recognizing the messages bundle - added  bundle to faces-config.xml - doesn't seem to help - warnings still exist.
  |   |

  | this is a limitaiton of the validations of the tools. Is anything actually failing when you run the app?
  |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | 4. Try a deploy anyway - complains about missing MethodBinding among others.
  |   |

  | details please...War and Ear works for me out of box so need more details to reproduce.

So, the log reveals a number of these:

  | 11:30:08,495 INFO  [Initialization] two components with same name, higher precedence wins: org.jboss.seam.core.locale
  | 11:30:08,499 INFO  [Initialization] two components with same name, higher precedence wins: org.jboss.seam.core.manager

followed later by this warning:

  | 11:30:08,549 WARN  [Initialization] Did not install PojoCache due to NoClassDefFoundError: org/jgroups/MembershipListener

and ultimately by this:

  | 11:30:09,625 ERROR [StandardContext] Error listenerStart
  | 11:30:09,625 ERROR [StandardContext] Context [/cehc] startup failed due to previous errors
  | 11:30:09,720 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.web.deployment:war=cehc.war,id=558207986
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/Users/bostroff/Downloads/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/cehc.ear/cehc.war/ deployment failed

It almost looks like I have two different versions of the seam jar on the runtime classpath?

"max.andersen at jboss.com" wrote : "bostroff" wrote :
  |   | So, did I answer some of the wizard questions incorrectly (like should I have NOT picked seam 2.0 technology preview)?  Is there a blindingly simple tutorial where I could create a small seam 2.0 application from scratch inside Eclipse (Europa) and have it successfully deploy and execute?
  |   |

  | Yes, its in the Getting Started Guide.
  |
  | The only explanation I can come up with is that you have something specfic in your db that creates bad seamgen output....just weird you are not seeing that when using seamgen commandline.

Also, now I DO vaguely remember having to drop a jar into my JBoss server default lib directory.  This allowed the command line generated version to work (this was done on the vague advice gleaned from another thread somewhere on the net) .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119811#4119811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119811