[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DAO's: stateless or not

mocha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 21:54:28 EST 2008

looking for opinions/experience with DAO's in Seam...

Our application has complex query logic that we want to share between a stateful website and a restful API.  For this reason we will be creating a set of DAO's.  I would also like to take advantage of the seam managed persistence context for the stateful website.

The logical choice seems to be to implement the DAO's as stateless session beans triggered by stateful actions (for the website) and the API.  I believe I can use Seam to inject the EntityManager.

A couple of questions:
1. can the seam injection be overriden?  i.e. if I wanted to provide my own EntityManager when called by the API
2. is there any advantage/disadvantage in making the DAO's stateful? - potentially this might help with question 1...

Thanks
Duncan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119890#4119890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119890