[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Jbossws 2.0.2 Java 6 client

ike do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 15 08:31:14 EST 2008

Hello, experts!

I am using jbossws on JBossAS 4.2.2.GA and I managed to run it under Java 6 (I moved jaxb-api.jar, jboss-jaxrpc.jar, jboss-jaxws.jar and jboss-saaj.jar files to $JBOSS_HOME/lib/endorsed dir as it was mentioned in http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Install_JBossWS#Using_JBossWS_with_JDK_6.
And it works fine!

Now I have an standalone java client which consumes my web service using pretty standard way:
String wsdlURL = http://localhost:8080/HelloWebService/services/Hello?wsdl";
  | String namespace = "http://Hello.com";
  | String serviceName = "HelloWebService";
  | QName serviceQN = new QName(namespace, serviceName);
  |
  | ServiceFactory serviceFactory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
  | /* The "new URL(wsdlURL)" parameter is optional */
  | Service service = serviceFactory.createService(new URL(wsdlURL), serviceQN);
It works fine on Java5 (as jboss runs on java6) but fails with the same exceptions as jboss failed before I moved jars to endorsed directory.

I know that java 6 not officially supported by jbossws but... Is there any way to consume the web service from java 6 client?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120072#4120072

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120072