[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: taghandler passing of action parameters ?

dreuzel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 06:04:03 EST 2008

I've an odd problem using seam and facelets
a) what I want to do :

i've a generic tag with the ability to handle multiple facelet functionalities hidden away
in the end it comes down to <ui:composition

  | <my:xxx action="Submit" entity="${mymodule}"

I get different results depending on how executed and called

A)

  | <my:xxx action="Submit" entity="${aanscan}"
  |

  | used as ${entity[Submit]} fails (1)
  | ${aanscan[Submit]} fails (2)
  | ${aanscan.Submit} works (3)

as I call the function Through a taghandler

  | ${aanscan.Submit} fails (4)
  | ${aanscan.Submit()} works (5)

I consider the above behaviour very odd, since all is done in the same
session using the same code.

I suspect, using the seam extra argument handling the el expression
entity[submit] is not valid any more .

I never tried ${entity[submit('sdfdsfds')]} or should i use

  | ${entity[submit]('dsfds')}

I suspect the problem is derived from the exact definition type
of the term entity

Is/should that be a variableExpression/Methodexpression
or a variable (if there is a difference) (DO I need a special definition
handling the arguments ?)

can anyone help, clarifying the original difference in the different expressions that should all be normaly compatible.

thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120379#4120379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120379