[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: EntityManager injection in Webservice

froden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 09:19:10 EST 2008

I have a similar problem.

The interface for the EJB:
package services;

  | import javax.ejb.Local;
  |
  | @Local
  | public interface TestServiceInterface {
  |     public String getString();
  | }

The EJB itself:
package services;

  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.jws.WebMethod;
  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  | import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
  | import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
  | import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | public class TestService implements TestServiceInterface {
  |
  |     @PersistenceContext
  |     private EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public String getString() {
  |         System.out.println("em: " + em);
  |         return "Quite frankly, it gives me the heebie jeebies.";
  |     }
  | }

The web service is defined in my web.xml like this:

<servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>TestService</servlet-name>
  |         <servlet-class>services.TestService</servlet-class>
  |     </servlet>
  |     <servlet-mapping>
  |         <servlet-name>TestService</servlet-name>
  |         <url-pattern>/TestService.ws</url-pattern>
  |     </servlet-mapping>
  | </servlet>

The web service works like it should, but the EntityManager is not injected. System.out.println("em: " + em); in the webmethod always prints a null.

Any clues?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120463#4120463

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120463