[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Test database with Seam2, Maven and TestNG?

svadu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 09:27:02 EST 2008

Tbh, considering how much maven projects' (especially multimodule projects) layout is different from Seam project layout and considering how the Seam test framework 'tuned' for certain configurations and defaults I think it requires major work to make Seam tests work in maven projects.

In the meanwhile I am using shale test component for tests:

  | <dependency>
  | 	<groupId>org.apache.shale</groupId>
  | 	<artifactId>shale-test</artifactId>
  | 	<version>1.0.4</version>
  | 	<scope>test</scope>
  | </dependency>

It is enough to extend AbstractJsfTestCase (which can be combined with TestNG as well) and you get all mockups for JSF environment.

It requires somewhat more to code for this than you would with Seam tests but hey, at least it works :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120467#4120467

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120467