[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Form Based Authentication with Stylesheet

jahratero do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 05:11:15 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

I've been working on securing a simple web-application of mine.
I used a container managed security, Form Based Authentication with database connection.
It works fine!

My problem is I got a login.jsp page that JBoss present when you try to access the web-app
and this login.jsp is just black and white. I made a CSS file to tune it up a little, but for some
reason (which I don't know, yet) it doesn't load the CSS file.
Here is my login.jsp:
  | <head>
  | 	<title>My WebApp</title>
  |     <link rel="StyleSheet" href="/styles.css" type="text/css"/>
  |
  | </head>
  | 			<h1>Please log in X</h1>
  |
  | 			<form method="POST" action="j_security_check">
  | 				User Name: <input type="text" name="j_username" /><br/>
  | 				Password: <input type="password" name="j_password" /><br/>
  | 				<input type="submit" value="Login" />
  | 			</form>
  | 	<TABLE>
  | 		<TR><TH CLASS="TITLE">Loggie</TH></TR>
  | 	</TABLE>
  | 				This is the last line!
  | 				This is the last line!!!

The This is the last line! text should be blue when loaded and is not
when the page is loaded.
On the other hande the This is the last line!!! text does show blue when loaded.
Now I can go ahead and just put the style in every tag, but that's I don't want that. I have a large CSS file which I want to try out.

This is my CSS file:

  | BODY { background-color: #FDF5E6 }
  |
  | TH.TITLE   { background-color: #FFAD00;
  |              font-size: 50px;
  |              font-family: Arial Black, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  | }

Another thing is the body doesn't load the color I gave up for it to be.

Can someone please help me, give me advice how to load the CSS file (if it is possible).
Thanks in advanced

-Yuri

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120778#4120778

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120778