[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to retrieve the Task list of a user ?

francis1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 09:30:24 EST 2008

Hi all !
I have developed a web application which should be a front-end for a Jbpm process.
In the main Servlet I should list all Task pending for a user.
Unfortunately the task list is empty, where do I am wrong ??

This is the simple process:

<process-definition
  |   xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"
  |   name="simple">
  |    <swimlane name="user">
  |    </swimlane>
  |    <start-state name="start">
  |       <transition name="" to="state1"></transition>
  |    </start-state>
  |          <state name="state1">
  |       <transition name="" to="task1"></transition>
  |    </state>
  |    <task-node name="task1">
  |       <task name="task1" swimlane="user"></task>
  |       <transition name="" to="end1"></transition>
  |    </task-node>
  |
  |    <end-state name="end1"></end-state>
  |
  | </process-definition>

Inside the servlet I signal the process until it reaches the Task1.
Then I expect to find one pending task for user "user". But the list is empty.

JbpmConfiguration jbpmConfiguration = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();

  | JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  |
  | ProcessDefinition processDefinition = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlResource("processDefinition.xml");
  |
  | jbpmContext.deployProcessDefinition(processDefinition);
  |
  | ProcessInstance instance = new ProcessInstance(processDefinition);
  |

  | // Move the process instance from its start state to the state1.
  | instance.signal();
  |
  | System.out.println("You are in state: "+instance.getRootToken().getNode().getName());
  |
  | // Move to Task1
  | instance.signal();
  |
  | Vector vec = new Vector();
  | vec.add("user");
  |
  | List list = jbpmContext.getGroupTaskList(vec);
  |
  | if (list != null) {
  |   for (int ii=0;ii<list.size();ii++){
  |       System.out.println(list.get(ii));
  |   }
  | }

Unfortunaly the List is empty.
What is missing ? Have I assigned uncorrectly the task to "user" ??
or Should I istantiate the Actor class and inject the "user" as userId ?

I'm using JBoss 4.0.2 and JBPM 3.2
Thanks
Francesco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120900#4120900