[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Sometimes error messages shown only after page refresh

avpavlov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 17 12:10:27 EST 2008

Looks like messages added to old conversation, after error Seam opens new BUT keeps old conversation id in URL. After refreshing Seam returns to old conversation and displays messages.

See some debug logs below

  | Legend
  |
  | FMhash is org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages component instance hash code
  |
  | RT = org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages.runTasks()
  | END_CNV = org.jboss.seam.exception.RedirectHandler.handle()/Conversation.instance().end()
  | REDIRECT=org.jboss.seam.faces.Navigator.redirect()/FacesManager.instance().redirect
  | BRR = org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages.beforeRenderResponse()
  |

  | ... I opened NESTED conversation and I did something that produces SQLException ...
  | RT conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826
  | END_CNV conversationId=5
  | REDIRECT conversationId=5
  | BRR conversationId=6 (!!!!!), FMhash=7429444 (!!!!!)
  |
  | At this point error page is opened, NO error messages, URL contains conversationId=5
  |
  | ... I refreshed page ...
  | RT conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826
  | END_CNV conversationId=5
  | REDIRECT conversationId=5
  | BRR conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826
  |
  | At this point error page refreshed and contains missed messages

Looks like there is redirection failure while exception processed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121016#4121016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121016