[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Using Solaris JDK

fox1212 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 06:10:07 EST 2008

Hi all.

I've installed JBoss 4.0.5.GA on Solaris 10 using a new-installed jdk (jdk1.5.0_11) and it works without problems. However, I've discovered that solaris 10 comes with a pre-installed JDK, in package SUNWj5rt

$ pkginfo -l SUNWj5rt
   PKGINST:  SUNWj5rt
      NAME:  JDK 5.0 Runtime Env. (1.5.0_11)
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  1.5.0,REV=2004.12.07.00.07
   BASEDIR:  /usr
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  Java Platform virtual machine and core class libraries
    PSTAMP:  tiger-sparc20061215052356
  INSTDATE:  Jun 15 2007 10:46
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed

This JDK seems to be incomplete (for instance, there's no 'lib' folder), and I'm not sure if it can be safely used to run JBoss. If it is, it would be easier to just use it, since the patching and upgrading will be done when patching solaris.

I've tried to start jboss using run.sh, and I get this warning:

run.sh: Missing file: /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_12/lib/tools.jar
run.sh: Unexpected results may occur.  Make sure JAVA_HOME points to a JDK and not a JRE.

After the warning, JBoss seems to start, but I don't know what problems I could get in the future. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Josep

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121244#4121244

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121244