[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - The old ClassLoading problem with ICEfaces

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 09:32:06 EST 2008

Hi,

is there any news about the CLassLoading issue with ICEfaces (see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3989111)?

I started to migrate from Seam 1.2.1, ICEfaces 1.6.3 to Seam 2.0.1CR1 and ICEfaces 1.7.0 DR#3. Given the information in seam2migrate.txt I removed all jars (except jboss-seam.jar) from the root of my .ear. So icefaces.jar, icefaces-comps etc. are now placed in WEB-INF\lib.

That worked fine until I enabled the ice:menuBar with dynamic ice:menuItems. A stateless bean generates a menu structure (depending the user's role) like this:

<ice:menuItems value="#{sideNavigationMenu.panelNavigationItems}" />

public List<MenuItem> getPanelNavigationItems()

There were two work-arounds:

  | * Change "UseJBossWebLoader" to "true" in deploy/*tomcat*/jboss-service.xml
  | * Put all jars from WEB-INF\lib to ear's root

Is there a more elegant possibility? Is it OK to put all jars into the root of the ear?
I tried it with UseJBossWebLoader=true and ran into the next exception which told me that there's sth wrong with a logger class (must have sth to do with the "commons-logging.jar" of ICEfaces; can't be found anymore or somewhat).

Thanks in advance
Newlukai[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121291#4121291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121291