[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Need definitive answers on unit testing with Seam

grettke_spdr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 10:30:00 EST 2008

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : All of the threads you link to are from people who didn't read the updated documentation of Seam 2.0:

That is me, I was reading 1.2.1.GA documentation as that is what we are using right now.

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Note the last sentence. All the postersl (and probably you) have problems because they are using the wrong persistence.xml. If you don't understand how the persistence.xml needs to look like for a standalone EntityManager test (without SeamTest container),

In other words we need to get off our lazy butts and read up on how JPA works! :)

You put it very nicely, though. One of the guys at work would've said to me "Grant. Thinking is required.". I suppose there is just a lot on everyone's mind right now.

Folks using seam-gen'd projects honestly expect this stuff to be wired up out of the box. Lazy people? Perhaps (finger pointing back at myself).

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : read the second chapter of my book (it's free).

I own a copy of Christian's book. It is a real treat. I wouldn't say that just because Christian is so helpful either. If it sucked I just wouldn't have mentioned it at all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121310#4121310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121310