[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JSF/Seam Binding and Nested Classes

aggtecnologia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 19 13:51:26 EST 2008

In the first code snippet please ignore the annotation @Stateful. It is just a typo (it s not in my code). My code is just:

  | @Entity
  | @Name("mother")
  | public class Mother {
  |
  |    private Daughter daughter;
  |
  |    ... setters and getters
  | }

I found a workaround defining Daughter as a Seam component:

  | @Name("daughter")
  | public class Daughter {
  |
  |      private String someprop;
  |
  |     ... setters and getters
  |
  | }

and then using it as a separate component and asociating it with mother in Java:

I mean instad of using:

  |  <h:inputText value="#{mother.daughter.someprop}"/>

I use:

  |  <h:inputText value="#{daughter.someprop}"/>

and then in the action bean:

  | @Stateful
  | public class ActionBean {
  |
  |    @In
  |    private Mother mother;
  |
  |    @In
  |    private Daughter daughter;
  |
  |    public void persistMother () {
  |
  |       mother.setDaughter(daughter);
  |
  |       em.persist (daughter);
  |
  |    }

  | }

It is not elegant but at least it works.

Nevertheless I would like to know if there is any bug in the Expression Language interpreter or if I am doing something wrong. Accortding to JSF specification the first sintax I mention should work.

any comments?

Thanks in advnace.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121528#4121528

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121528