[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Begin method invoked from a long-running conversation -

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 19 15:29:29 EST 2008

A lot of investigation later:

Seems this time I have a really big problem with this. I have a new component which is very similar to the ones I already had (did not find any convincing difference until now), but it does not work.

The new component has a @Create @Begin method to begin the conversation, just like all of my other components.

It is @Conversational, just like all of my other components.

And it is called from rich:dropdownmenu with conversationPropagation=none or end, I tried both, just like all of my other components.

But I get the annoying "Begin method invoked from a long-running conversation" error.

Now I tried to use join=true (not that I wanted to do this, but only to look what will happen), and the result is very impressive:

"no long-running conversation for @Conversational bean"

I've tried to debug all this. Set a breakpoint at Manager.setLongRunningConversation. But this was a dead end. Conversations are turned on-off-on-off just during one single Event (and sometimes just on-off-on, that's the problem), which gave me absolutely no clue.

Please help me!!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121535#4121535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121535