[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam with Hibernate Search

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 00:54:59 EST 2008

True enough.  When combined with Seam, HS allows you to inject the FullTextEntityManager directly.

However, what I am doing is still correct--at least theoretically.  It is basically what is found in the DVDStore example but with one catch.  In that case, the JPA EntityManager is injected by Seam, but the EM is really the superinterface abstraction of an FTEM.  So the FTEM is obtained by simply downcasting the EM.

In my case, the call to Search.createFullTextEntityManager(em) does the same thing.  If the em parameter is actually an FTEM instance, then the downcast is returned.  If it isn't, some other magic happens to turn the EM into an FTEM.  If you are really bored, check out Emmanuel's code yourself.

Yet having said all this, if I can't actually figure out what's going on, I might just have the FTEM injected and see what happens.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121579#4121579

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121579