[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Component Architecture instead of traditional Layers

ruettimac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 04:55:45 EST 2008

Hi,

I tried a small example today (with glassfish) and failed to create it. There is a thread and a JIRA-Issue failed against this problem:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=123592

and

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2430

What's happening here is, that the beans are not found in JNDI:

  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No object bound to name java:comp/env/trainingplatform/CustomerPreferencesAction/local
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.lookup(NamingManagerImpl.java:834)
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.java.javaURLContext.lookup(javaURLContext.java:173)
  |         at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:396)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.instantiateSessionBean(Component.java:1287)

But If you look at the startup debug lines, you see that the component is bound to this JNDI-Entry:

Component: customerPreferences, scope: CONVERSATION, type: STATEFUL_SESSION_BEAN, class: ch.hcrtraining.trainingplatform.customer.facade.CustomerPreferencesAction, JNDI: java:comp/env/trainingplatform/CustomerPreferencesAction/local

Something strange goes on here. Since I have not Scope.Session, even the proposed @Startup does not work.

anonymous wrote : b) Are there any problems regarding the different seam scopes like CONVERSATION and long running CONVERSTAION scopes beans?

My concerns are regarding the transaction handling of the wired components. Is the transaction management of the caller master? Otherwise, the called component can open and flush the transaction ...

Regards,

Cyrill

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121592#4121592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121592