[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Component Architecture instead of traditional Layers

brachie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 10:40:35 EST 2008

@Pete: thanks for the answer! :-)

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : "brachie" wrote : In my opinion injecting one SFSB into another should be avoided, but maybe I am wrong..

  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Why?
  |   |

I thought it would be a too tight dependency between the SFSB. For instance, if you inject SFSB A into SFSB B and SFSB C and change some business logic in A maybe B or C are broken because they use some methods of A.

anonymous wrote :

  | The following questions are in my mind:
  |
  | anonymous wrote : Should there be one SFSB for every persistent class of your domain model which acts as a manager and manages the actions connected with the (injected) entity (e.g. SFSB PersonMgr for creating, deleting persons in DB etc)?
  |
  | This seems reasonable, and is the approach we take with seam-gen (using EntityHome for scaffolding).
  |
  | anonymous wrote : Or would it be better to have one SFSB component for each page you have in your application, which manages the actions connected to the specific page?
  |
  | This strikes me as a bad idea and hangover from older design patterns.
  |
  | anonymous wrote : Or would it be good to have one SFSB per use case of your application?
  |
  | This is, IMO, another very valid approach. It could easily be combined with your first suggestion (an EntityHome for each entity, a component for a use case can call the EntityHome as necessary).

Ok, so I would have to inject the EntityHome into my SFSB implementing the use case?

Regards,

Alexander

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121623#4121623

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121623