[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Help! Migrating from tomcat to Jboss

amol82 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 14:11:56 EST 2008

Hi,

We have a Struts-spring-hibernate application.
We just migrated to java 1.6 from 1.4
I am now doing a POC to migrate it to Jboss from Tomcat.
I am pretty new to Jboss.

We have a docbase and jdbc resource spedified in server.xml in tomcat.

So i specified docbase in server.xml in webdeploy directory in Jboss.(Correct me if there is any other way to specify the exploded code.)

The problem i am currently facing is the while loading application it is not able to find the datasource.

my jdbc datasource in tomcat looks like "jdbc/xxxx"
and in my application it is used as "comp/env/jdbc/xxxx"

But when i did the same in server.xml in jboss I am getting an error the it is not able to find "env"

I tried to make a seperate "oracle-ds.xml" but i am getting the same error.
I even tried to use "jdbc/xxxx" in my application code but then I am getting and error that jdbc is not found.

But when i remove the application path fr server.xml and use only oracle-ds.xml i am able to see the the entry in jms-console as well as datasourse name in jboss startup but jms-console is not available with  application as there is error and also jdbc datasource entry in logs is not showing.
Thanks in advance,
Amol

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121649#4121649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121649