[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Another conversation question: how to correctly begin on

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 20 14:53:40 EST 2008

Yes ... perhaps this is the problem. Until today I did not understand this page flow thing.

I've been a WebObjects developer for years, had the luck to skip Struts and "Seam-less" JSF.

In WebObjects, every html page is represented by a Java class, and directing to a particular page from an action method is done by instantiating and returning the corresponding Java object. No resource file names, no outcomes anywhere in the code (and especially no xml files). I got very accustomed to have _everything_ in Java code.

I was very glad when I found Seam which similarly allowed me to do everything in code (using absolute paths instead of outcomes as return values). I still do not understand why I should be snipping this part out of my code and putting it in a XML file, and so my pages.xml is really teeny-weeny.

Perhaps I should do some research and practice on this navigation rule thing (but this is a little off topic here), but for return to the topic: I feel that the way my persistence context should be handled (flushed manually or not) drastically affects the code I write, and so I think the best place is just exactly in company with that code.

And since I write many beans which rely on flushmode=MANUAL, I like to have a common base class which sets this for all of them. This is what I meant with DRY.

But I see that all of you does something else than me, and so I am thinking.

Marcus,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121651#4121651

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121651