[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: GDI leak in FreeMarker IDE

krogh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 05:32:22 EST 2008

*bump*

I noticed the same problem, on Vista and XP/SP2, using freemarker-ide-1.0.0.beta3, an up-to-date eclipse 3.3 and freemarker 2.3.9
-BUT- I'm not using the outline view

I'm unable to spot when it's exactly happening. Sometimes eclipse crashes after 5 minutes and sometimes it takes hours.

Here are some observations:
When working on an FTL file, copy-paste operations and using auto-completion seem to cause crashes faster.
If i've some ftl files open but work on a Java file, there's no problem.
By monitoring Task Manager, the crash is cleary due to a GDI handle leak
As the GDI handle count is increasing, freemarker ide becomes slower until it becomes unresponsive, and then so does eclipse; unable to save or do anything else such as close a file.

I just updated to a nightly build and hope this will solve my problem :)

Hope this help to reproduce it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121755#4121755

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121755