[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - SAR Deployers conflict

deruelle_jean do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 09:13:22 EST 2008

Hi guys,

We are currently building a sip servlets (JSR 289) implementation that aims to be able to run both on top of Tomcat and Jboss.
Unfortunately for us, the specs mandates that compliant containers should be able to deploy sip servlets bundled as a sar archive (.sar extension). A valid sar file should contain a sip.xml in its WEB-INF directory.

This requirement made me look into Jboss AS 4.2.2.GA code and I found that the current SARDeployer will accept any file with .sar extension (in its accepts method, actually through the SubDeployerSupport accepts method). However if the sar file deployed doesn't contain a META-INF/jboss-service.xml it will fail to deploy.

This prevents us to provide our Deployer to deploy sip servlet archive file (sar file with a sip.xml)

We have a proposition to correct the situation so that we can use Jboss as a sip servlets converged container :

Provide an accepts method in SARDeployer that enforce checks to see if the sar file contains a META-INF/jboss-service.xml. If not the method would return false and won't accept the deployment, leaving it for our sip servlets deployer to process and accept since it will contain a sip.xml.

We might have missed something. if not, do you think that would be possible ? If so should I open an issue in JIRA or something ?

Thx.
Best regards
Jean Deruelle

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121847#4121847