[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Anybody got Seam 2.0.0 working with WebSphere 6.1 and EJ

jbalunas@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 10:22:08 EST 2008

Another update:

Websphere has been by far the hardest environment to work with - it is frustrating that simple things seem to be very difficult or require some special script tool.

In any case as I said before i have the JPA example working with websphere 6.0.1.13 + the EJB3 FP.

I have been working on getting the jee5 example (EJB3, JPA, etc...) working.  I have passed over several issues and have now been stuck on the same issue for 2 days.

At first there were thing like classloaders, and library issues, but now i can't seem to find any of the EJBs that are deployed.  Websphere using a special naming context "ejblocal:" and for some reason from the seam servlet I can not access it.  I get this:

  | Caused by: javax.naming.ConfigurationException: NamingManager.getURLContext cannot find the factory for this scheme: ejblocal

I have tried browsing the "java:" and "local:" namespace but can not find my ejbs, plus countless other approaches.  I know they are being deployed from the logs and the IBM basically just told me that I am looking them up correctly.

I am hopeful that this is near the last of the issues, but I can't be sure.

Are there any websphere guys out there that could lend me a hand?

Thanks,
Jay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121870#4121870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121870