[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Recover Exception after Rollback in JMS

tpollak.ar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 15:00:33 EST 2008

Hello, I have the following problem.
I'm using a JMS Queue and a MDB to process asynchronous operations. The MDB runs in a transaction environment, so that the operations are committed or rolled back automatically.

If the process raises an exception, being transactional, the JMS Message is redelivered automatically and the MDB flags the involved entities with an error state. However, I am unable to determine the Exception that caused the JMS Message to be redelivered. I need this, in order to store the error condition in the entities, so that the users can see this info.

I have tried setting the exception as a property in the JMS Message, but I get MessageNotWriteableException (makes sense).

Is there a way to achieve this? Either get the Exception that cause the JMS Message to be redelivered, or to attach some extra information to the JMS Message, so that it is available upon redelivery?

Thanks everybody for your help!
Tomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121943#4121943

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121943