[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - task/process id may not be null

QPool.Char do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 15:40:57 EST 2008

Hello, i m using Seam 2.0 in production-development.

We have a small problem here, and it would be nice if anyone could help me out.

There is a method which is called by a JSF-Menu

  | 	public String startDemoWorkflow() {
  | 		resumeDemo.startDemo();
  | 		resumeDemo.advance();
  | 		return "home";
  | 	}

StartDemo() invokes a jBPM Workflow in a class like this:

  | 	@In(value="processInstance", required=false, scope=ScopeType.BUSINESS_PROCESS)
  | 	@Out(value="processInstance", required=false)
  | 	ProcessInstance processInstance;
  |
  | 	@In(value="taskInstance", required=false, scope=ScopeType.BUSINESS_PROCESS)
  | 	@Out(value="taskInstance", required=false)
  | 	TaskInstance taskInstance;
  |
  | 	@CreateProcess(definition="demo")
  | 	public ExeWorkflow startDemo() {
  | 		return new ExeWorkflow();
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void advance() {
  | 		try {
  | 			System.out.println("************************* Actual ProcessID: " + processInstance.toString());
  | 		}
  | 		catch (Exception e) {
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  | 	}

After startDemo() the method advanced() is called. But processInstance is always null. It should be injected at this moment, since the Workflow is started. I tried several Annotations above the advance() method, but none of them worked.

The Seam-Tutorial says that after the method that creates the Workflow-Instance, the processInstance could be retrieved by the context, which can be injected.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

Thx in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121952#4121952

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121952