[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - How Do I Run JBoss Messaging TestSuite in Q1 2008

cmagidcmagid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 16:31:09 EST 2008

My goal is to get some version of JBM unit / integration tests working.

I am trying to run the JBoss Messaging Functional tests by following the instructions on:

      http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossMessagingBuildInstructions.

tangent: If these are out of date and there are newer instructions please advise.
         I have seen 6 sets of instructions for JBM tests.

I am able to get through step 3.

When I check the results in

     ...messaging-head/tests/output/reports/html/index.html

I find that ALL of the tests in the following packages fail:

    org.jboss.test.messaging.jms                            296 296 0   117.035
    org.jboss.test.messaging.jms.message                    83  83  0   30.517
    org.jboss.test.messaging.jms.message.foreign            18  18  0   6.062
    org.jboss.test.messaging.jms.selector                   9   9   0   2.984
    org.jboss.test.messaging.jms.server.connectionmanager   2   2   0   0.609
    org.jboss.test.messaging.util                           30  3   0   1.157

When I drill down I find the following stack trace and error information:

    testTopic Error Incompletely deployed: *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
    Name -> Error MinaService -> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
    No enum const class
    org.jboss.messaging.core.remoting.TransportType.tcp ***
    DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Name -> Dependency{Required
    State:Actual State} MessagingServer ->
    JMSUserManager{Configured:Installed},
    PersistenceManager{Configured:Installed},
    Configuration{Configured:Installed},
    MinaService{Configured:**ERROR**} MessagingServerManagement ->
    MessagingServer{Configured:Instantiated}

    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:

    *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error MinaService ->
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class
    org.jboss.messaging.core.remoting.TransportType.tcp

    *** DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Name -> Dependency{Required
    State:Actual State} MessagingServer ->
    JMSUserManager{Configured:Installed},
    PersistenceManager{Configured:Installed},
    Configuration{Configured:Installed},
    MinaService{Configured:**ERROR**} MessagingServerManagement ->
    MessagingServer{Configured:Instantiated}

        at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.internalValidate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:260)
        at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.validate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:174)
        at org.jboss.messaging.microcontainer.JBMBootstrapServer.bootstrap(JBMBootstrapServer.java:170)
        at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.run(AbstractBootstrap.java:89)
        at org.jboss.messaging.microcontainer.JBMBootstrapServer.run(JBMBootstrapServer.java:77)
        at org.jboss.test.messaging.tools.container.LocalTestServer.start(LocalTestServer.java:148)
        at org.jboss.test.messaging.JBMServerTestCase.setUp(JBMServerTestCase.java:150)
        at org.jboss.test.messaging.jms.JMSTestCase.setUp(JMSTestCase.java:32)

Looks like a problem with the installation of the MinaService.  But the directions do not reference anything about this service.  Also as a first pass I have no problem using a mock.jar/fake.jar collection.  But neither do I have a problem using real integration tests.

Can you also let me know how to run tests individually?

Eventually I'd like to be able to run against other vendor's implementations.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121963#4121963

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121963