[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Ear with multiple web modules - problem with components.xml

reind do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 17:34:40 EST 2008

I'm in the process of migrating from seam 1.2 to 2.0.1CR1 and I've run into a problem. My application is packaged as an ear, with multiple web modules (each with their own components.xml, pages.xml, etc). The java classes used by all web modules are packaged in a single jar.

  | my-application.ear/
  |     jboss-seam.jar
  |     lib/
  |     META-INF/
  |     a.war/
  |         WEB-INF/
  |             classes/
  |                        seam.properties
  |             components.xml
  |     b.war/
  |         WEB-INF/
  |             classes/
  |                        seam.properties
  |             components.xml
  |     web.jar/
  |         META-INF/
  |         seam.properties

It looks like the components.xml file is not working as it should. I've noticed this with my login:

The following doesn't work in components.xml
<security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}" />

The #authenticate method is never called.

This problem goes away if I list only 1 web module in app.ear/META-INF/application.xml.

I believe this same setup worked with seam 1.2, but is no longer working in seam 2.0.1CR1.

I've also tried creating an empty jar file a.jar, b.jar with seam.properties in the root. That hasn't helped either.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4121976#4121976

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4121976