[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Disabling Seam Transaction Managment and Acquiring Entity Ma

fady.matar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 22 10:03:37 EST 2008

I'm adding new features to an application and those features are implemented in JBoss Seam. The existing application uses Hibernate / JSF and has its own way of handling its persistence.

The additional seam features require a managed persistence context defined in components.xml

Whenever I disable the transaction management within seam, the old features of the application work fine however I can no longer get hold of the entity manager or persistence context.

Whenever I enable the seam transaction management I can perform all the persistence functions however, the old features will always throw an exception indicating that the persistence service cannot be closed coming up to the root
exception:
You cannot commit with autocommit set!

Now my question is this, how can I disable the seam transaction management and still get hold of the entity manager?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122239#4122239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122239