[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss starts but no access

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 10:51:34 EST 2008

I notice that you are running MySQL. Can you successfully connect to MySQL using the mysql command line tool? (I want to see if the problem is restricted to JBossAS or applies to all services.)

Are you logged into XP with administrator privileges?

Do you have a third-party firewall, such as ZoneAlarm or Norton? I have had to actually uninstall ZoneAlarm and reboot my system in several cases where I experienced a port blockage like you are describing. (Note to the wise: do not let any firewall automatically decide what to block and what not to block, that is the setting that got me into trouble. But even if you manually block things, it takes only one instance of blocking java.exe to prevent JBossAS from establishing a connection.)

Do you have this problem on your laptop?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122685#4122685

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122685