[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBoss Cache POMS

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 14:36:18 EST 2008

Oops, let me try again:

I'm upgrading from JBoss Cache 1.4 -> 2.1 in Seam (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2522). Seam uses Maven for its dependency management, so I'm trying to use the published POMs on repository.jboss.org/maven2.

As I understand it, JBoss Cache should be usable outside a JavaEE environment running in JBoss AS which uses sleepycat je, c3p0 etc. (you get the point ;)

If so, the POMs should specify any optional dependencies as optional, like:

<dependency>
  |   <groupId>org.jboss</groupId>
  |   <artifactId>jboss-common-core</artifactId>
  |   <optional>true</optional>
  | </dependency>

Otherwise consumers of JBoss Cache end up with a load of exclusions.

  |      <dependency>
  |         <groupId>org.jboss.cache</groupId>
  |         <artifactId>jbosscache-pojo</artifactId>
  |         <version>2.1.0.CR3</version>
  |         <exclusions>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>jdbm</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jdbm</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>c3p0</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>c3p0</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>sleepycat</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>je</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss.javaee</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jboss-javaee</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss.microcontainer</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jboss-container</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>org.jboss</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jboss-common-core</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |           <exclusion>
  |             <groupId>net.jcip</groupId>
  |             <artifactId>jcip-annotations</artifactId>
  |           </exclusion>
  |         </exclusions>
  |       </dependency>

Thanks!