[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Accessing USERNAME_PROPERTY from Web Service class

mjhammel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 19:31:35 EST 2008

I've spent all day on this and found nothing.  It appears that *maybe* something called handlers or interceptors might be useful here.  The password must be sent in the SOAP message but the question is how to pull it out.  I think the PASSWORD_PROPERTY as set by the client is received on the server side (proven by the use of BASIC authentication using a database login module) but is not in the APPLICATION scope and therefore I can't get at it the way I've been trying.  Which is what leads me to think the handlers or interceptors might have some way to get at it.  But I'm still not clear on how to write handlers (and I'm not even sure what interceptors might be, other than they appear to be part of Apache CXF, whatever that is).

Maybe if I post enough messages in this thread someone at JBOSS will pay attention to it long enough to tell me "You can't get there from here."  At least then I'd know I can stop wasting my time on it.

At this point it feels like I'm wasting my time on Web Services, which feel about as useful as Esperanto.  *sigh*

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123277#4123277

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123277