[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - MDB, Container managed and contradiction...

SriniChandra123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 06:23:32 EST 2008

Hi,

I have an Issue.
I use CMT MDB, talking to MQSeries.
below is the ejb-jar.xml.

        <!-- This setting indicates if transactions are container -->

        <!-- managed or not. It must be consistent with the       -->

        <!-- transaction-type of the MDB defined above. When set  -->

        <!-- to true, the MDB code will randomly generates some   -->

        <!-- failures to test the transactional behaviour.        -->
      <env-entry>

        <env-entry-name>mdb/containerTransaction</env-entry-name>

        <env-entry-type>java.lang.Boolean</env-entry-type>

        <env-entry-value>true</env-entry-value>

      </env-entry>

But this configuration had an issue, for big files which tool lots of time to process the transaction was getting rolled back by JBoss. Then I found the above comment that jBoss does this...

I then modified the entry for "mdb/containerTransaction" to false  and it worked fine for big messages, so no roll back this time. Below is the new configuration..

     <env-entry>

        <env-entry-name>mdb/containerTransaction</env-entry-name>

        <env-entry-type>java.lang.Boolean</env-entry-type>

        <env-entry-value>false</env-entry-value>

      </env-entry>

Any one please tell me why does we have two entries to specify that its Container managed,
what does the second parameter tell, what it means when I tell it as false??

Is this analogous to required CMT and not-required CMT, as in the attached link??

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=WhatAreTheDifferentStrategiesForDeployingAnMDB

Friends, please help me in resolving this, I have the fix but now I need to justify my client about the fix...

Thanks in advance,

Srini

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123418#4123418

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123418