[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Multiple Domains

etaham do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 11:05:35 EST 2008

Over the past week I have been reading a tremendous amount about jboss seam and how to use it.  I'm very interested in using it for a new project I'm starting soon, but I'm couldn't find any documentation or examples described what I need.

The easiest way to described my project is a large site that spans multiple domains.  The system will need to have unified login - meaning one login for a user will work across all of the sites/domains.  What makes this complex is that a user can have different roles in each site. For example, userA might be an admin in www.sitea.com, but only be a moderator in www.siteb.com.

My question is as follows, is there a way to inject/set a site_id accessible by beans and security rule (drules)?  This way when a user tries accessing a function I could check for the following tuple is a user has a roleA for siteA, or when a user goes to www.siteA.com/index.seam it will know to load with index for siteA and not siteB.

Is this possible using the seam framework?  standalone jsf?  Any ideas on how I could implement it? maybe using a phaselistener?

Thank you,
Eli

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123558#4123558

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123558