[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SFSB vs. JavaBean

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 14:15:56 EST 2008

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : anonymous wrote : If I put just @Name, it's a POJO, and you're saying it's request scoped?

  | Yes.

Ok, that clarifies things.  I was using EntityHome, which is conversation scoped (in Home.java superclass).  Then I was using other POJOs and wondering, why are these things not starting conversations?  Now I see.  I need to put @Scope(CONVERSATION) on them.

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : anonymous wrote : This still doesn't fully answer the question. Most things can be done with POJOs. For example most beans aren't message-driven. For many simple things there is no performance benefit to clustering beans. So, should we be using EJBs or POJOs? POJOs have a benefit of simplicity: no need to write an interface.

  | You've summed up the arguements well, and so can now make an informed decision for which to use ;)

Ok, now I'm getting it.  I'll use POJOs.  Are there any other limitations on POJOs that are significant for routine use?  For example, I assume I can do all the same Seam security stuff on POJOs that I can on SFSBs?  And I assume that POJOs can be members of long-running conversations, and can use @Begin and @End on them?  This last factor (being in long-running conversations) is the most important.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123644#4123644

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123644