[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JBoss Seam, a great product that doesn't work :(

lazar.mihai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 16:21:49 EST 2008

Well, after 3 days of frustration, I finnaly decided to ask help on your forum.

I'm pretty sure that this has been already discussed somewhere else but here it goes :).

I've run the seam generator tool. Started Jboss AS 4.2.0 GA. Everything was fine. Than I tried to write the registration example over it.

Only wrote a small page for the registration... and the RegistrationAction that the tutorial was providing.

And here everything that could go wrong went :((

The debug page keeps showing up, that's when JBoss AS doesn't complain about the deployer not beeing able to deploy stuff.

Can anybody provide some hints on how to make new actions work ?

Tried seam genereate-entities and after a while I succeeded to run it ( don't ask me how cause I :-?? have no clue as to how it finally worked )

I'm connecting to a mysql on local host if that helps anything.

Basically I want to write an application in JBOSS SEAM starting from the skeleton provided by seam gen. I'm sure somebody could provide a tutorial.

 Just In Case :
http://www.intelligentedu.com/blogs/post/best_new_training_sites/3676/15-best-jboss-seam-tutorials

I read those things none of it when right ? Do you remember your Seam newbie days ? Can somebody tell me how they managed to get it to work?

10x in advanced. Maybe someone will take pitty on me.. so I can get other stupid questions out :D after I make the base stuff work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123665#4123665

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123665