[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam, a great product that doesn't work :(

Oberiko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 16:51:44 EST 2008

Agreed with above.

For those of us coming from a more simple model (i.e. basic Struts, or even just plain Java development), having to deal with all the things Seam pulls together is a pretty tough start.

I've been playing with it for a week and am just now starting to get the hang of what's going... or at least so I think.

Still, when you look at what you're saving by not having to use each component individually, and all the "plumbing code" you are spared, it's tough to go back.

Big bonus in that, being an application stack instead of a web framework, it's not as likely to go obsolete any time soon.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123673#4123673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123673