[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SFSB vs. JavaBean

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 26 08:32:47 EST 2008

"msystems" wrote : Must be an error ! Seam POJO's are default EVENT (request) scoped and not conversation or temp. conversation scoped.

Indeed:

http://docs.jboss.org/seam/2.0.1.CR2/reference/en/html/concepts.html

anonymous wrote : By default, JavaBeans are bound to the event context.

which is not the same as the request, or the conversation, or the temporary conversation.  Event is stateless.

Reading on in the doc:

anonymous wrote : However, they do not provide the functionality of a session bean (declarative transaction demarcation, declarative security, efficient clustered state replication, EJB 3.0 persistence, timeout methods, etc).

Is this correct?  If I'm using a POJO and I put a @Restrict on it, that @Restrict is ignored?  If that's the case, I probably can't use POJOs at all in my application, because nearly every operation is restricted.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123744#4123744

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123744