[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Remoting not converting collection objects correctly

wayofdragonster do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 27 13:20:09 EST 2008

Hi,

I am currently using Seam 2.0 GA.  Through the use of Seam Remoting, I find that there is a "bug" in how seam decodes Collection objects on the client side (javascript).  For example, on the server side, I am doing the following:

List getTestItems() {...}

When the seam proxy decodes the message it cannot determine the object types inside the returned collection so it returns someting undefined. But if I define Generics  then it works:

List<..> getTestItems() {...}

This means that I am constrained by what I can return.  Is this solved in the latest release of SEAM?

thanks,

Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123876#4123876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123876