[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Logout from a WebService application

baeurlem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 28 04:58:11 EST 2008

Hi,

We have a Flex Client which communicates via WebServices. I wrote a custom LoginModule which performs the authentication. This works well without problems.

But how to logout the user? The LoginModule has a logout() method but how should this be called? Do we need a WebService with a logout() method which delegates to the LoginModule? How to access the LoginModule in this case?

The good thing with the LoginModule is, that it is transparent to the WebServices and Business-Logic but if we need an explicit logout() method this transparency is removed.

Is there a preferred design for this?

All examples I found are based on a standard Web-Application with Servlets which does not apply in this case.

Regards,
Markus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123965#4123965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123965