[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Accessing files outside my ear

mikeeprice do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 06:47:06 EST 2008

I have some large stable files that I am deploying in my ear file and then displaying with something like

They take a long time to upload to the server so I would like to deploy them separately from my ear file.

What would be the best way to do this?

I thought maybe using something like putting them in a separate folder and then using

  | href="file:///docs/report.pdf"

but I am developing on Windows XP and deploying on Linux so I think the file URL paths would be of a different form. I want to avoid having to make changes to any files I am deploying everytime I upload them to the server.

I also thought of putting the files in a war file to access them but I would want the access to that war file to be restricted to localhost only or something like that. I was hoping I could do that in the web.xml file somehow but it doesn't look like I can. I would really like to avoid having to make any changes to any server config files on the hosting server.

Any thoughts are appreciated? Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124353#4124353

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124353