[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss starts but no access

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 11:57:26 EST 2008

I use both ZoneAlarm (on my PC at home) and Norton (on my PC at work and laptop at home). I believe both have an "automatic" feature where they automatically decide if an action should be allowed or not, so that you are not constantly bombarded with permission requests.  I have learned not to use that setting. But even in manual mode I often make the wrong choice (latest episode having to do with not being able to see the video in some video editing software).

Usually for running JBossAS, the only firewall question that comes up is if java.exe is allowed to act as a server.

ZoneAlarm has a free version which I used for a long time and was quite happy with. But lately some local stores have been having a "free after rebates" sale for the full version of the  ZoneAlarm with 3 user licenses, so that is what I am running now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124485#4124485

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124485