[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Clear/reset render parameters or re-initialise all portl

dewara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 12:01:25 EST 2008

Hi Antoine

Thanks for your post.  I must say I'm banging my head against a brick wall on this one.

Our enviroment is pretty fixed namely: JBoss AS 4.04 and JBoss portal 2.4

With regards to using IPC as approach:

I need to notify each of the portlets on the page about the change in context and I'm not sure exactly how to do this.  Do you have an example of IPC involving more than two portlets in JBoss Portal 2.4?

(What complicates matters further for us is most of our application makes use of Springs Portlet MVC framework which uses Springs DispatcherPortlet so all our customer code takes place in spring controllers as opposed to portlets).

The other approach I have been playing around with (without success) is to
create an interceptor and add it jboss-portal.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml

The biggest problem I am having with this approach is how the interceptor running in jboss-portal.sar can detect a context change from our portlet application which is running in a separate war file which means we can't share information via the HttpSession.

There must be mechanisms to achieve this using PortalNodeEvent (or similar).

Any thoughts on this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124487#4124487

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124487