[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - traversing through result

gerch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 12:04:46 EST 2008

Hi

i have been looking for quite some while now for a solution to this problem.

I have a table in my oracle database which has 2.000.000 (yes 2 million rows) and i need to process them one after the other

we are using ejb 3.0 and if just try

	public List<Person> getList()
  | 	{
  | 		Query q = em.createQuery("from Person");
  |
  | 		return q.getResultList();
  | 	}

i get an out of memory error after 5 min of trying to load all the people :)

how can i traverse through the result set

something like:

  |      public void process(){
  |           // does not acutally work (JUST AN EXAMPLE)
  |          ResultSet s = em.createQuery("from Person");
  |
  |          while (s.hasNext()){
  |                 // so something
  |          }
  |      }