[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - transaction closed ... guess timeout problem

gerch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 15:21:43 EST 2008

Hi

i am a pretty new EJB 3.0 noob ... so perhaps someone can help me

package com.business;

  | import javax.ejb.Local;
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.persistence.EntityManager;
  | import javax.persistence.PersistenceContext;
  | import javax.persistence.Query;
  |
  | import com.entity.InterfaceInXmlQueueDtl;
  | import com.inter.InterfaceInXmlQueueDtlInter;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @Local(InterfaceInXmlQueueDtlInter.class)
  | public class InterfaceInXmlQueueDtlEJB implements InterfaceInXmlQueueDtlInter
  | {
  | 	@PersistenceContext(unitName = "TestEJB")
  | 	private EntityManager	em;
  |
  | 	public void getList()
  | 	{
  | 		long now = System.currentTimeMillis();
  | 		for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i++)
  | 		{
  | 			Query q = em.createQuery("from InterfaceInXmlQueueDtl");
  | 			q.setMaxResults(1);
  | 			q.setFirstResult(i);
  | 			InterfaceInXmlQueueDtl x = (InterfaceInXmlQueueDtl) q.getSingleResult();
  | 			//System.out.println(x.getPk().getSequenceNum());
  |
  | 		}
  | 		long end = System.currentTimeMillis();
  | 		System.out.println((end - now) / 1000);
  | 	}
  |
  | }

so i have a table that has in total 2.000.000 rows  and i am just trying to do a performance check on ejb 3...
so all i do is looping through the first 10.000 and try to load the bean... and then just stop the time of how long it took...

so my problem is now after about 5000  rows or something it throws an exception saying that the transaction is not active and the session is closed...

could this be an timeout error ??
if not what else could it be ?

Thanks for any help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124553#4124553