[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: long live consumer stops working

bodrin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 03:01:09 EST 2008

Actually the problem is when the jboss is on machine ther then the client / producer one.

In order to reproduce the problem easy I have created two more examples - long live consumer and long live producer.
You can copy them into the jboss-messaging examples directory and compile/start them via ant (just like the other examples there).

Note that the consumer example will exit only if you hit enter.
So:
1. start the consumer
2. run the producer
- You should observe that the consumer is receiving 10 messages.
3. Leave the consumer to run for a long time (some hours for example).
4. run the producer again
- the consumer does not receive anything?!

The two examples are available via:
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~dobrin/jboss/examples.zip

I think most of the consumer applications run continiously in order to process any incoming messages, but this problem breaks all such scenarios.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124675#4124675

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124675