[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - from view.jsp to view2.jsp

foongkim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 30 04:36:05 EST 2008

hi there, i have downloaded the HelloWorldJSPPortlet as suggested by some of the experts here.

i have started to trace the program and below is my finding and question. Please confirm/verify my conclusion if it's rigeht or wrtong.

1. After i have successfully deployed a porlet, the first method that will be called is not define in WEB.XML file. There will be no welcom-list tag avaiable. The first method will be call is the doView() method.

2. In order for me to structure the application, there is no MVC involve. If i need to perform any business transaction, i will required to create a class and initiate it in the Portlet program

Q1: For sample project HelloWorldJSPPorlet, these 2 jsp pages, View.jsp and view2.jsp. i am wondering where is the connection between these 2 jsp file? How is the flow after i have submitted/press the submit in view.jsp and link to view2.jsp?

Q2: If my point 1 is correct, i am surprise what happen if the portlet.xml file contain more than 1 portlet, how would be the flow be? Or is it possible to have more than 1 portlet in the portlet.xml? I read from the documentation that i can specify more than 1 portlet in the portlet.xml.
file:///C:/jboss-foong/referenceGuide/html/tutorials.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4124692#4124692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4124692